What should you be doing right now to prepare for your future?
Meet with your counselor to discuss future plans
Sign up to take the PSAT in October. You can register in the Guidance Office during the first few weeks of school
Make sure you are scheduling challenging courses that will help you prepare for your post-secondary plans
Get involved with extracurricular and volunteer activities
Start to explore colleges/vocational/technical schools or the military
Attend college/job fairs to gain more exposure to various schools and careers
Explore your options by visiting career and college resources online. Visit the "Links" section of the DHS Guidance website for some great online resources!
Explore summer opportunities. Get a job or volunteer!
1. Your future is important and requires a plan!
2. Set personal expectations & goals!
3. Develop steps to achieve those goals!
4. Identify your strengths & weaknesses!
5. Evaluate your values, interests, skills, and abilities!
6. Gather as much information as possible on careers
and colleges (see your counselor if you need help with this!)
7. Do not hesitate to ask for some guidance
8. Always ask questions