DJH's "Here's more of the story..."
Donegal Junior High School is more than a number.
Did you know:
* DJH teachers raised more than $700 for local food banks that serve our families.
* DJH students raised more than $1286 for Hoops for Heart.
* DJH students raised $4276 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Central PA.
* DJH welcomes community volunteer mentors that meet with our students on a regular basis.
* DJH drama production presented A Family Reunion to Die For and Thoroughly Modern Millie involving many junior high students and even high school students worked behind the scenes.
* DJH offers Project Lead the Way courses that engage the students in science, technology, engineering and math. All 7th and 8th grade students get to experience cutting edge technology experiences.
* DJH offers a Formula 1 race team that designs, creates, and competes CO2 race cars. Our team has gone to state level competitions several years in a row and have placed in the top winner circle.
* DJH participates in National History Day. We are proud to claim that last year an 8th grade student advanced all the way to the National level competition. The student received best junior division entry award for Pennsylvania and placed fifth in his category for the nation.
* DJH participates in National Geography Bee and sends our level winners on to the regional competitions.
* DJH participates in National Spelling Bee and sends our level winners on the the regional competitions.
* DJH had 138 students participate in advanced placement math courses in 2012 - 13.
* DJH achieved 82% proficiency rating for students in the Alg. 1 Keystone exams. Students are required to pass the Keystones for high school graduation.
* DJH incorporates RTII (Response To Instruction and Intervention) framework that supports our struggling students academically and behaviorally.
* DJH embraces SWEBS (School Wide Effective Behavioral Supports) that teach all students acceptable and appropriate behaviors across all environments associated with school.